Wasatch Front Infrastructure Division Manager
Location: Lehi, UT
Join our Infrastructure Engineering team and let’s accomplish great things together. This role will allow you to lead a group of excellent engineers and technicians, utilize your technical skills, manage people, and business knowledge while growing your project experience and relationships with clients.
Civil Science is currently seeking a Division Manager to lead and grow our Wasatch Front Infrastructure Team. This unique position will be perfect for an energetic Professional Engineer who is looking to grow their career and project management experience. In this role you will work closely with clients, other project managers, firm principals, and support staff to identify, market, and deliver a diverse set of projects ranging from municipal transportation, infrastructure, parks and recreation, and private/commercial land development. This role will also have you focused on overseeing and managing the performance of other project managers and technical support staff. You will work closely with Firm leadership to identify a strategic growth plan, and then oversee the execution of that plan.
If joining a firm that offers employee ownership, leadership and mentoring opportunities, established client relationships, and a vision towards growth piques your interest, then we look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer:
- Real ownership in the firm: While most companies offer you the option to purchase stock at some undisclosed time in the future, Civil Science is an employee-owned firm that maintains an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which provides significant opportunities for career growth and significant financial benefits.
- Growth: Since Civil Science is an agile firm, it allows our employees the freedom to own their projects, and step into new, exciting roles without the red tape of large corporations.
- Work-Life Integration: At Civil Science, our priority is to make sure your work is compatible with your life outside of the office, allowing you time to enjoy with your family or engage in hobbies.
- Benefits that are unmatched! We provide PTO, paid holidays, and a commitment to a successful work-life balance. Additionally, we provide medical, dental, vision, short/long-term, and life insurance benefits. We also offer scholarships for both employees and their families, continued financial rewards through our ESOP and 401K plan, and a culture of continued mentorship and growth opportunities.
What You Have:
- 10 plus years of experience.
- Licensed PE in Utah (additional surrounding states is a positive).
- Municipal project management experience in Utah, including:
o Proven ability to identify, market, and complete municipal transportation and/or infrastructure projects across the Wasatch Front.
o Experience preparing/managing project budgets and realizing project profitability.
o Identifying and successfully obtaining work from clients through business development and marketing efforts, adding to your individual revenue goals.
o Success preparing project proposals, including project scope and cost development.
o Experience managing staff to complete project tasks, meet budget expectations, and ensure client satisfaction.
o Current relationships with local government agency clients and ability to create, maintain, and leverage those relationships.
o Private development and/or water resources experience would also be valuable experience for this position.
- Division Manager experience, including:
o Manage business development/marketing program for a team.
o Prepare Team strategic plan and track performance of the plan.
o Track Team monthly metrics and coordinate corrections.
o Manage Team staff workload and forecast workload.
o Coordinate and manage weekly Team meetings.
o Complete frequent staff check-ins and staff wellness management.
o Perform staff employee reviews and manage growth and improvement of employees.
o Assist administration in finding, interviewing, and hiring additional Team members.
o Oversee quality control process, reviews, and deliverables.
o Complete manpower forecasts, both bi-monthly and 6-month reports.
Civil Science provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.