INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER
Join our Infrastructure Engineering team and let’s accomplish great things together. This role will allow you to build your technical skills, people management, and business knowledge while growing your project portfolio.
Civil Science is currently seeking a Engineering Project Manager to join our Civil Engineering Infrastructure team. This unique position will be perfect for an energetic Engineer who is looking to grow their career and project portfolio. In this role, you will work on a diverse project portfolio with a variety of clients and projects across Utah, Idaho, and North Dakota. Additionally in this role you will work closely with clients, other project managers, firm principals, and support staff to ensure a successful completion for our clients. Key to succeeding in this role will be your ability to coordinate staff efforts to ensure timely and cost effective solutions to demanding project requirements. . Ultimately, you will be responsible for project delivery and design of medium to large-scale projects, and will be the go to person for aspects of each project.
Typical duties and responsibilities include taking ownership of various infrastructure related projects. This includes supervision, coordination, and QA/QC of the work of design staff including engineers and technicians. Additionally this role will have aspects that are client facing and as such, you will need the ability to create relationships with current or potential clients.
- Implements the plans and schedules of detailed phases of the engineering work and performs the design of major projects. Monitors job performance of junior engineers and provides coaching/mentorship as needed.
- Performs the design calculations of projects and checks design work of staff and design engineers assigned to project.
- Oversees the work of assistants, designers, technicians, and CADD operators/drafters assigned to project team.
- Will have some exposure to marketing and proposal stage of new projects.
- Maintains project documentation neatly for the permanent record.
- May be designated as a Technical Leader within area of expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant related discipline.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Utah or the ability to gain licensure within 6 months of hire.
- A minimum of four years of experience in Civil Engineering related work
- Proven technical leadership ability and communication skills to work effectively with other people at all levels.
- Expert knowledge of design and modeling related software packages ex. Bentley Roadway Design software (OpenRoads, Inroads, Connect)
- Knowledge of AASHTO design guidelines ex: green book, roadside design guides.
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate experience with one or more of the following designs processes and specifications with Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT), North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT), or Idaho Transportation Department (ITD).
- Previous experience with Utah Transit Authority (UTA) or similar transit related experience is a plus.
Why Civil Science:
- Be rewarded for your efforts – we are 100 percent employee owned and you will receive stock ownership in the Firm. This is at no cost to you and has historically been roughly a 20% bonus annually!
- Very generous time off structure that includes flexible work schedule so you can successfully manage your work/life balance.
- Company culture focused on individual career growth and development. We encourage and support people identifying and fostering areas they are passionate about. This is not something we just say, it is something we live by!
- We are focused on the future and maintaining our status as an industry leader. We are currently implementing first ever solutions for large-scale projects for several of our clients. Our clients look for us as the new standard.