CAD DESIGN TECHNICIAN – LEHI OR SLC, UT
Civil Science is currently looking to add a Civil Design Technician to our team. In this exciting position, you will work closely with Project Managers, Project Engineers, and other project team members to design a variety of civil engineering projects. Project types include large-scale land development, infrastructure, transportation, and municipal utilities.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who excels in a fast paced, self-directed environment. This position can be located in either our Lehi, UT or Salt Lake City office locations and will be integral to diverse projects across the United States. This is a unique position that requires minimal previous experience, as such, we are eager to help the selected candidate grow his or her career and can facilitate a flexible schedule for students who would like to work while finishing school.
· Use established CADD standards to prepare electronic drawings from marked-up plans and verbal instruction directed by engineers and senior designers
· Perform design drafting of roads, sanitary sewer, water main, storm sewer, storm water management, facilities, site grading, and paving
· Draft, update, and plot maps, plats, and details
· Organize and schedule work to accomplish goals on projects within established budgets and timelines
· Coordinate with engineers and other design team members
· Complete drawing reviews as needed
· Organize and maintain project files and coordination with various municipalities
· Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStations
· 1 year of CADD experience in civil engineering profession or equivalent experience in educational setting
· Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
· Eagerness to learn and evolve within a fast-paced environment
Why Civil Science: We are an employee owned firm that maintains an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which provides significant opportunities for career growth and savings for retirement. In addition to being an owner of the Firm, you will have the flexibility to create your own work schedule and arrangement that will create success for both you and our clients. We maintain a culture focused on individual development and diversification. We currently have offices in several states and clients throughout the United States with projects ranging from hydro-electric dams, transportation design, construction management, private development, and a wide variety of municipal related items. We offer a competitive compensation and a full benefit suite for our full-time employees. Benefits for full-time employees include: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, disability, generous PTO policy, HSA/FSA, and the potential for an annual bonus through the ESOP program – which has been approximately 20% of your salary! Civil Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
· CADD: 1 year (Preferred)
· AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
· CAD: 1 year (Preferred)
· One location
· Paid time off
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAa or FSAs
· Other types of insurance
· Flexible schedules
Email email@example.com or click here to apply!