PROJECT MANAGER – TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER
Take on challenging projects while expanding your reputation as an industry leader with the support of an established Firm with the capacity to help you achieve success.
We are looking to add a Transportation Engineering Project Manager to either our Lehi or Salt Lake City, Utah office who is passionate, driven, and innovative and who will enjoy being involved in the leadership of our successful team.
In addition to employee ownership in our firm, we will provide you with continued career growth by combining your technical expertise, work ethic, and ability to market/manage projects, with our 30 plus years of experience, world class professionals, and long-term vision as we continue our growth along the Wasatch Front. You will work collaboratively with our current Transportation Division Leadership team to identify and win career defining projects throughout Utah and in a broader regional approach to surrounding states. If joining a firm that offers employee ownership, leadership and mentoring opportunities, established client relationships, and a vision towards growth piques your interest then we look forward to hearing from you!
What You Have:
- Previous experience with identifying, marketing, and securing DOT design projects
- Experience writing proposals, contract management, and client management
- History of managing project teams while mentoring a staff of engineers and designers
- Existing client relationships within the Utah transportation sector such as UDOT, UTA, and local municipalities
- Track record of managing mid-level size projects ($5 million – $20 million)
- Technical knowledge of civil engineering related services including roadway design, land surveying, right-of-way acquisition, construction oversight, and public involvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
Nice to Haves:
- Experience using Bentley design software during the design of transportation corridors, sanitary sewer and water systems, storm water management facilities, site grading, and paving
- Located in Utah County or Salt Lake County
- Design-Build Experience
What We Have:
- Real ownership in the firm: While most companies offer you the option to purchase stock at some undisclosed time in the future, Civil Science is an employee owned firm that maintains an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which provides significant opportunities for career growth and savings for retirement.
- Growth: Since Civil Science is an agile firm, it allows our employees the freedom to own their projects, and step into new, exciting roles without the red tape of large corporations.
- Work-Life Integration: At Civil Science our priority is to make sure your work is compatible with your life outside of the office, allowing you time to enjoy with your family or engage in hobbies.
- PTO/Holidays: Civil Science offers an annual three weeks of paid time off, six holidays, and two floating holidays to use at your convenience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability – In an effort to prepare for the unexpected, we offer 100% employer covered Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We maintain a culture focused on individual development and believe in continuing to perfect our craft.
- Additional Retirement Benefits: In addition to our ESOP, Civil Science offers a 401K plan.