Professional Land Surveyor
Location: Lehi, UT
Civil Science is actively seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to lead and direct our ongoing survey program in Utah. This unique career opportunity is based in our Lehi, Utah or Salt Lake City, Utah offices and will support activities across the larger area. The qualified candidate will work on a wide variety of planning, design, and construction surveying projects primarily focused on Department of Transportation type work.
In addition to employee ownership in our firm, we will provide you with continued career growth by combining your technical expertise, work ethic, and ability to market/manage projects, with our 30 plus years of experience, world class professionals, and long-term vision as we continue our growth along the Wasatch Front. If joining a firm that offers employee ownership, leadership and mentoring opportunities, established client relationships, and a vision towards growth piques your interest then we look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer
- Real ownership in the firm: While most companies offer you the option to purchase stock at some undisclosed time in the future, Civil Science is an employee-owned firm that maintains an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which provides significant opportunities for career growth and savings for retirement.
- Growth: Since Civil Science is an agile firm, it allows our employees the freedom to own their projects, and step into new, exciting roles without the red tape of large corporations.
- Work-Life Integration: At Civil Science, our priority is to make sure your work is compatible with your life outside of the office, allowing you time to enjoy with your family or engage in hobbies.
- PTO/Holidays: Civil Science offers an annual three weeks of paid time off, six holidays, and two floating holidays to use at your convenience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability: In an effort to prepare for the unexpected, we offer 100% employer covered Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We maintain a culture focused on individual development and believe in continuing to perfect our craft.
- Additional Retirement Benefits: In addition to our ESOP, Civil Science offers a 401K plan.
- Must currently hold a Professional Land Surveying License. If not already licensed in Utah, must have the ability to gain licensing in Utah through reciprocity within three months of start date
- Minimum 5 years of recent projects that would preferably include elements of the following:
- Highway/DOT Design Surveys in accordance with NDDOT standards
- Highway/DOT Construction Staking experience including roadway, structures, and utilities.
- Utility location and staking experience
- Familiarity with Public Lands Survey System
- Complete familiarity with RTK and Static GPS Survey Technologies
- Complete Familiarity in the use of Robotic Total Stations
- Familiarity with High-Definition Scanning
- Proven ability to lead staff, think critically and provide support to multiple teams simultaneously
- Previous experience with project management including project development / marketing is a plus
Civil Science provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.