CIVIL ENGINEERING AREA MANAGER – NORTH DAKOTA
We are currently seeking a qualified Civil Engineering Area Manager to coordinate and manage both engineering projects and implement and grow our regional presence. In this role you will be responsible for the oversight and direction of multiple offices, key employees, and strategic growth initiatives. Key engineering projects are focused on large scale transportation design and construction management, municipal infrastructure projects of all sizes, as well as, oil and gas design.
· Adapt, implement, and continue key growth initiatives across North Dakota and surrounding areas.
· Coordinate and manage activities of resources, staff and sub-contractors to ensure an effective outcome for our firm and our clients.
· Mentorship and day today management of a diverse staff across multiple locations. This includes, administrative staff, field survey crews, junior and licensed engineers, and materials testing personnel.
· Client relationship management, serve as a representative of the firm and point of contact for our clients. Ability to maintain and leverage relationships for future marketing of projects is key.
· Manage overall proposal efforts and provide key role in making business development presentations as well as participate in face to face interviews with potential clients.
· Ongoing project management: identify and market medium to large scale marque projects, manage profit/loss, client billing and labor hour oversight throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
· Must currently hold Professional Engineer License and have the ability to gain licensing in North Dakota through reciprocity within six months of start date.
· Minimum 7 years of recent experience in highway/DOT projects is required.
· Previous experience as Project Manager on heavy civil design related projects.
· Proven ability to lead, manage staff, think critically and cultivate new business opportunities.
· Working knowledge of related aspects of civil engineering projects including: materials testing, land surveying, construction inspection and CADD.
· Preference given to candidates who can demonstrate recent experience with North Dakota Department of Transportation preliminary design and contract administration projects.
Why Civil Science: We are an employee owned firm that maintains an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)which provides significant opportunities for career growth and financial incentive. In addition to being an owner of the Firm, you will have the flexibility to create your own work schedule and arrangement that will create success for both you and our clients. We maintain a culture focused on individual development and diversification. We currently have offices in several states and clients throughout the U.S. with projects ranging from hydro-electric dams, transportation design, construction management, private development, and a wide variety of municipal related items. We offer a competitive compensation and a full benefit suite for our full-time employees. Benefits for full-time employees include: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, disability, generous PTO policy, HSA/FSA, and the potential for an annual bonus through the ESOP program – which has been approximately 20% of your salary!Civil Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
Email email@example.com or click here to apply!