Infrastructure Design Lead / JR Project Manager
Civil Science is currently seeking a well-rounded Infrastructure Design Lead / Junior Project Manager to join our team in either our Lehi or St. George, Utah office. In this role, you will work closely with clients, other project managers, firm principals, and support staff to successfully complete projects for current and potential clients. This position will focus on a variety of municipal projects including roadway, drainage, utilities, and parks and recreation, in addition to water resources and support of land development projects.
What you have:
- Experience and proficiency leading design efforts and project delivery by directing staff, managing workflow, making design decisions, and providing thorough quality control.
- Ability to work with clients in a design lead role, and an interest in continuing or developing client relationships over time.
- Understanding and proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D as it pertains to directing other staff to complete design work. AutoCAD proficiency would include an understanding of templates, layers, styles, and formatting, as well as alignments, profiles, corridors, assemblies, grading, and surfaces.
- Understanding and ability to direct the production of construction plans, specifications, contract documents, and compilation of bid documents for bidding.
- Ability to work in multiple aspects of municipal engineering, including funding, planning, concept design, final design, survey coordination, bidding and construction related services, with a desire to learn unfamiliar areas of expertise.
- Experience collaborating with other senior designers and design leads to solve challenging design problems, provide design leadership support, and in-depth independent quality control.
- Although not required, you have experience in and a knowledge of commercial and residential design as it relates to design support and quality control, including corridor design, site grading and layout, and utilities.
- Although not required, you have a knowledge of, and expertise in drainage analysis and design, including storm drain and retention/detention, and a willingness to train junior engineers.
- Professional engineering license in the state of Utah or Nevada, or the ability to achieve licensure in these states within six months of hire.
- Ten to fifteen years of overall industry experience.
What We Offer
- Real ownership in the firm: Civil Science is an employee-owned firm that maintains an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which provides industry-leading contributions, all paid by Civil Science. You won’t have to contribute or match funds to see the benefits, unlike most firms in the industry.
- Design-Focused Management Opportunity: Our municipal group already engages with a large number of clients on a variety of projects, providing you with immediate design lead opportunities, in addition to leadership growth mentioned below.
- Management and Leadership: This position will work directly with the senior Division Manager and supporting Board Member, with the potential to transition into senior leadership in a short period of time.
- Growth Potential: Civil Science is an agile firm which allows our employees the freedom to own their projects and step into new, exciting roles without the red tape of large corporations.
- Work-Life Integration: At Civil Science we strive to help you achieve compatibility between work and your life outside of the office, allowing you time to enjoy family, accomplish personal goals, and participate in other pursuits.
- PTO/Holidays: Civil Science offers an annual three weeks of paid time off, six holidays, and two floating holidays to use at your convenience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability: In an effort to prepare for the unexpected, we offer 100% employer covered Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
- Tuition Reimbursement/Scholarship Programs: We maintain a culture focused on individual development and believe in continuing to perfect our craft. Our reimbursement and scholarship programs extend to current employees and their family members!
- Additional Retirement Benefits: In addition to our ESOP, Civil Science offers a 401K plan.
Civil Science provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.