Civil Science’s Accounting team is an integral part of our growth by helping with strategic planning, auditing compliance, improving accounting processes, and helping the Firm stay organized. As our Accounting team grows, we hope to find the right person who can help our team adapt to rapid growth by leveraging technology to create efficiencies.
What You Can Expect:
- Work directly with Firm management in monitoring fiscal performance and enforcing policies and procedures
- Conduct audits, and support external auditors when needed
- Help the Firm maximize return and limit risk, by reviewing and reporting budgets, overhead, A/R and A/P etc.
- Prepare budgets by working closely with Firm Principals to create schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
- Submit reports of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data, through standard and ad hoc financial reports; to management
- Preparing account reconciliations, journal entries, and financial reporting on a monthly basis
- Conducting timely and accurate periodic closings
- Assisting in preparation of invoices, payroll, expense processing and other general accounting tasks
What We Have:
- Professional Growth Culture: Since Civil Science is an agile firm, our employee owners have the freedom to own their projects, and step into new, exciting roles without excessive layers of management. We focus on a culture of mentorship and growth, which focuses on helping you take the next step in your accounting career.
- Work-life balance: At Civil Science, our priority is to make sure your work is compatible with your life outside of the office, allowing you time to enjoy with your family or engage in hobbies.
- Real ownership in the firm: While most companies offer you the option to purchase stock at some undisclosed time in the future, Civil Science is an employee owned firm that maintains an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which provides significant opportunities for career growth and savings for retirement. Your success is our success.
- PTO/Holidays: 3 weeks of time off, with 6 company holidays, and 2 floating holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability: In an effort to prepare for the unexpected, we offer 100% employer covered Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We maintain a culture focused on individual development and believe in continuing to perfect our craft.
- Additional Retirement Benefits: In addition to our ESOP, Civil Science offers a 401K plan.
What You Have:
- The desire to be closely involved in the success and growth of a firm
- Familiarity with fixed contract accounting and progress billing
- Intercompany transaction and consolidation experience
- Flexibility to transition from day-to-day tasks such as payroll processing to critical operations such as in-depth financial analysis and decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Engineering firm accounting with knowledge of governmental and commercial related regulation
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision Accounting Software
- CPA Certification
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations governing the A/E industry