Civil Engineer (Graduate and Internship)
Location: Dickinson, ND
Job Title: EIT
Civil Science is currently seeking a qualified EIT to join our team. We have several openings for full-time engineers, as well as several summer internship opportunities. This role will have responsibilities related to the roadway/structural design and construction of local roadway, state DOT, and mass transit projects. The successful candidates will be integral to making engineering calculations and designs throughout multiple project cycles, as well as some involvement with various construction related tasks. Current needs include positions in our Williston and Dickinson, North Dakota offices.
In addition to employee ownership in our firm, we will provide you with continued career growth by combining your technical expertise, work ethic, and ability to market/manage projects, with our 30 plus years of experience, world class professionals, and long-term vision as we continue our growth along the Wasatch Front. If joining a firm that offers employee ownership, leadership, and mentoring opportunities, established client relationships, and a vision towards growth piques your interest then we look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer
- Real ownership in the firm: While most companies offer you the option to purchase stock at some undisclosed time in the future, Civil Science is an employee-owned firm that maintains an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which provides significant opportunities for career growth and savings for retirement.
- Growth: Since Civil Science is an agile firm, it allows our employees the freedom to own their projects, and step into new, exciting roles without the red tape of large corporations.
- Work-Life Integration: At Civil Science, our priority is to make sure your work is compatible with your life outside of the office, allowing you time to enjoy with your family or engage in hobbies.
- PTO/Holidays: Civil Science offers an annual three weeks of paid time off, six holidays, and two floating holidays to use at your convenience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability: In an effort to prepare for the unexpected, we offer 100% employer covered Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We maintain a culture focused on individual development and believe in continuing to perfect our craft.
- Additional Retirement Benefits: In addition to our ESOP, Civil Science offers a 401K plan.
- Knowledge of or interest in related aspects of civil engineering projects including roadway design, land surveying, construction inspection and CADD
- Recent experience in highway/DOT projects is a plus
- Proven ability to think critically and ensure a successful project outcome
- To be considered for a full-time position candidate must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related focus
- Preference given to candidates who can demonstrate they have passed the F.E.
- Experience with design software such as: Microstations, Civil3D, Openroads is a plus
Civil Science provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.