CAD Design Technician
Civil Science is currently seeking a high performing CAD DESIGN TECHNICIAN to join our creative and energetic team. In this exciting position, you will work closely with Project Managers, Project Engineers, and other project team members to design a variety of civil engineering projects. Project types include but are not limited to land development, municipal infrastructure, transportation, and municipal infrastructure. The ideal candidate for this position is someone that is excited to be self-directed and is eager to learn and grow his or her career.
- Minimum 5 years of experience utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D with commercial, residential, and municipal project experience
- Proficiency in corridor modeling
- Site grading design using feature lines and grading objects
- Utility layout and design using pipe networks
- Sheet production using sheet set manager
- Additional experience/skills that will be beneficial to this role:
- Survey database experience
- Survey document prep (legal descriptions, plats, boundary surveys, etc.) a plus
- LiDAR/Point Cloud processing experience
- GIS data experience
What We Offer
- Real ownership in the firm: While most companies offer you the option to purchase stock at some undisclosed time in the future, Civil Science is an employee-owned firm that maintains an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which provides significant opportunities for career growth and savings for retirement.
- Growth: Since Civil Science is an agile firm, it allows our employees the freedom to own their projects, and step into new, exciting roles without the red tape of large corporations.
- Work-Life Integration: At Civil Science, our priority is to make sure your work is compatible with your life outside of the office, allowing you time to enjoy with your family or engage in hobbies.
- PTO/Holidays: Civil Science offers an annual three weeks of paid time off, six holidays, and two floating holidays to use at your convenience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability: In an effort to prepare for the unexpected, we offer 100% employer covered Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We maintain a culture focused on individual development and believe in continuing to perfect our craft.
- Additional Retirement Benefits: In addition to our ESOP, Civil Science offers a 401K plan.
Civil Science provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.